What Our Students Have to Say About OSR Seminars
Don't take our word for it - check out what developers from around the world have to say about OSR seminars they've attended.
- Speaking was very clear and good to understand, even for non-native English speakers.
- Amazing course. [Instructor] interjected the course material with anecdotes surrounding his debugging experiences and his experiences in the industry. I'm sure this increased the value of the content 200%.
- This was my first OSR seminar and probably won't be my last. I have always heard good things about them and totally agree. The week was enjoyable, entertaining, informative and I left Munich feeling 100% more confident in tackling more debugging issues.
- "I like the informal approach taken by the instructors who are obviously very knowledgeable in the field."
- "My overall rating of the course was it was indeed very valuable. In fact I don't know how people would go about creating the file systems without taking the course. I will recommend it to anyone that asks about the course, including making it a requirement for any co-workers at my company that will be participating in our file system filter driver."
- "As far as covering WDF it was very complete for three days and I learned a lot. The instructor was very competent and kept the course moving."
- "Instructor was very knowledgeable, confident and patient to represent the topic and answer all questions."
- "The word I would use to describe the class is - great. I will recommend anyone starting out with device drivers to attend to this seminar. For me being a developer who has never written a driver for Windows it was a great start."
- "The instructor performed a terrific job. I was quite impressed by his knowledge on WDF and the windows OS in general, and his ability to efficiently transmit it to the students."
- "What I liked most about the format was the bite-sized labs. It's nice to have something illustrated for you without too much surrounding complexity and the subjects and labs were nicely separated out."
- "One of the most lively and engaging seminar presentations on such a normally serious topic."
- "[Instructor] is a very good tutor. He presents the material with a (loud and) clear voice, often repeating stuff so one won't miss a thing. His long experience in the field shines through. When he got a question he could often refer to how it was designed and implemented in the Windows source code itself, and thus bringing a very clear and understandable answer."
- "It was an absolutely wonderful experience. [Instructor] knows the subject matter thoroughly, and can express the important points vividly and in easy to associate contexts. He is a very important player in the driver world, and made me feel very much welcome to this select community."
- "Great class, accommodations, and instruction."
- "The seminar was a demonstration that it is indeed feasible to put 50 lbs of sugar (knowledge) in a 10-lb bag (learning time)."
- "[Instructor] was energetic and did an excellent job of adding humor to keep the presentation lively. I would enjoy another class taught by him."
- "Well organized. Well presented. Good food. No complaints."
- "[Instructor] did a great job! Very relaxed and enthusiastic."
- "I would not trade this experience for the world. I recommend this seminar to ALL developers entering driver development."
- "With the seminar training, I was able to dive right in and create a useful driver in a few weeks."
- "Professional, well prepared seminar taught by well qualified instructor."
- "Excellent delivery and content."
- "[Instructor] was able to explain everything we needed to know and explained complex stuff in an easy to understand way by simplifying information while still addressing the key goals. Excellent!"
- "I could not do a WDF driver without this class. I have the Orwick and Smith book, but still I needed the class."
- "I learned so much more in the week spent here than trying to learn on my own these past 4 years. I only wished I took the class back then. OSR continues to provide the best training experience we developers could wish for."
- "The WDM Driver Lab Seminar was the right seminar for me. I have learned a lot. This seminar will help to achieve the goals in my daily work. Thank you for that great seminar."
More on Seminars
Public Seminar Schedule
Kernel Debugging and Crash Analysis for Windows
9-13 September 2013, Santa Clara, CA
Windows Internals and Software Driver Development
16-20 September 2013, Santa Clara, CA
Writing WDF Drivers for Windows
7-11 October 2013, Boston/Waltham, MA
Developing File Systems for Windows
5-8 November 2013, Seattle, WA